Terms & Conditions
Monterey Hotel Best Rate Guarantee
Portolahotel.com will have the same or a better room rate than you will find at other retail travel Websites for Portola Hotel & Spa. If you find a better rate than what you have confirmed on portolahotel.com, and it is not also available on portolahotel.com, within 24 hours of confirming your reservation, we will honor the lower rate that you have found, providing you notify us in writing through our online claim form or by calling. In order for us to change your rate, your notification must satisfy all Terms and Conditions and be submitted in compliance with the Notification Processing procedures.
- If you find and advise Portola Hotel & Spa of a lower published available room rate for the same hotel, for the same room type and bed type, the same dates, the same length of stay and number of guests, and available for purchase ("lower online rate") within 24 hours after making a reservation on portolahotel.com, Portola Hotel & Spa will honor the Competing Rate, and offer 20% off the total reservation on the day of booking.
Room Types and Descriptions
- The Portola Hotel & Spa Best Rate Pledge applies to the same room type that can be booked on portolahotel.com. The room type associated with the rates quoted must have the same room type name and description including, but not limited to, similar views, amenities, bedding, and room size as determined by Portola Hotel & Spa at its sole discretion.
- The Portola Hotel & Spa Best Rate Pledge does not apply to taxes, gratuities, or any additional resort or guest charges or fees that may apply at Portola Hotel & Spa.
Multiple Night Stays
In the event of a multiple night stay, The Portola Hotel & Spa Best Rate Pledge will compare the rates for each night separately as booked on portolahotel.com with the rate for each night booked at a "lower online rate".
- Multiple claims for a stay consisting of two or more consecutive nights at the same hotel will be treated as one claim.
- The Portola Hotel & Spa Best Rate Pledge does not apply to rates from opaque providers including, but not limited to, Priceline.com, Hotwire.com or Travelocity Top Secret Hotels. An opaque provider is typically any entity or service that prevents the buyer from obtaining information relating to available hotel rooms until after the buyer has guaranteed payment ("Opaque Provider"). A site is opaque if it does not divulge any of the following points: (a) the name of the property on which the available hotel room is located, (b) the precise location of the property on which the available hotel room is located, (c) the identity, brand or flag affiliation of the hotel that will provide such available room, and (d) other specific information that may divulge the property's identity (e.g. exact property restaurant name).
Qualified Published Rates
- The Portola Hotel & Spa Best Rate Pledge does not apply to package rates. Package rates include hotel packages sold with value added amenities, including, but not limited to, free breakfast and hotel parking. Packaged rates also include hotel accommodations sold as part of a travel package, in which the property does not provide the extra service, including, but not limited to, accommodations plus airfare and/or car rental and/or cruise, as offered on sites such as lastminute.com.
- The Portola Hotel & Spa Best Rate Pledge does not apply to group, negotiated, non-published rates, package rates, third party Internet rates or rates requiring membership in a club such as AAA, AARP, Travelzoo or Hotel Tonight where rates are not intended for the general public.
- The Portola Hotel & Spa has the sole right and discretion to determine the validity of any written notification, including, but not limited to, determining that the claim is for the same hotel, room type, dates, and that it meets all Terms and Conditions, and Notification Processing requirements.
- The Portola Hotel & Spa Best Rate Pledge does not apply to online rates published exclusively outside of the United States.
- The Portola Hotel & Spa Best Rate Pledge applies to a "lower online rate" with rate restrictions that are substantially similar to the rate restrictions that can be booked on portolahotel.com. Rate restrictions include, but are not limited to, advance purchase requirements, prepayment and deposit requirements, and cancellation and change policies.
- Written notification of finding a lower rate must be submitted within 24 hours after making a reservation through portolahotel.com and 24 hours prior to arrival.
- The Portola Hotel & Spa Best Rate Pledge does not apply to existing reservations made prior to January 1, 2011 and does not apply to reservations that are not made by a consumer on portolahotel.com.
- The Rate Parity Commitment only applies to rates available on the World Wide Web, and does not apply to special promotions that may be found on other reservations channels.
- An online form for Written Notification of a rate discrepancy is available by clicking here. To submit this form, fill out all the required fields and click the submit button. Additional documentation may be requested by the hotel in order to process your claim. Requested documentation could include print screens of alternate rate displays.
- Upon validation of written notification, the Reservations Manager will send an email or other communication to you that includes the reservation confirmation number and the new rate you will be charged.
- If you have not received a confirmation from the Reservations Customer Department within 48 hours of submitting written notification, you may contact the Reservations Department by email or phone to check the status of your claim. Email addresses and phone numbers can be found at the bottom of the page.
- In the case of a fully prepaid rate booked through portolahotel.com, The Portola Hotel & Spa will refund the difference to your credit card, if applicable, within 30 business days of submitting your written notification. If a prepaid reservation is booked through another Website, The Portola Hotel & Spa is not responsible for any fees associated with the cancellation of that reservation.
- Void where prohibited by law. The Portola Hotel & Spa reserves the right to amend, revise, supplement, suspend or discontinue The Portola Hotel & Spa Best Rate Pledge at anytime at its sole discretion and without prior notice.
Loyalty Club - Jacks Restaurant & Lounge and Peter B's Brewpub
- Points may be earned at any of the Portola Hotel Dining locations.
- The Portola Hotel Dining points are earned on each dollar spent (excluding tax, tip, gratuities, discounts or other offers and promotions). Certain restrictions apply.
- You must present your Portola Hotel Dining membership card at the time of the purchase to receive your Portola Hotel Dining points and proof of Identity. Only the person paying the bill may be credited with Portola Hotel Dining points for purchases.
- Rewards may only be utilized for the purchases of food and beverage.
- The Portola Hotel Dining points are not transferable.
- The Portola Hotel Dining reserves the right to change or alter the terms of the Portola Hotel Dining at any time.
- No purchase is necessary to receive a Portola Hotel Dining Membership Card.
Applicants must be 18 years of age or older to become a member.
- Employees of the Portola Hotel Dining and its affiliated companies, along with their immediate family members are not eligible for the Portola Hotel Dining membership.
- Not applicable to groups.