With so many events scheduled during the Monterey Peninsula’s Classic Car Week Monday, August 13 through Sunday August 19th is an automotive fan’s head might start spinning like the wheels on one of those amazing machines trying to decide what to see. There is something for everyone, but since the fun is just around the corner, we thought we would give you a little primer.
Here are the unofficial Top 10 Automotive Activities (in random order) during Classic Car Week:
10. The Portola Hotel & Spa – All week long
A fan favorite among enthusiasts taking part in Classic Car Week, the Portola is home to the famous RM Auctions. Known as a hot spot during the festivities to locals, return visitors and collectors, the Portola is a great location for casual viewing of some awesome autos.
9. Legends of the Autobahn – Friday, Aug. 17, 9am-5pm at Rancho Cañada Golf Club, Carmel Valley
Guttenta! BMW’s, Audi’s and Mercedes-Benz’s are on display for owners, enthusiasts and aficionados of these distinctive German cars.
8. McCall’s Motorworks Revival – Wednesday, Aug. 15, 5pm-10pm at the Monterey Jet Center, Monterey
This exclusive party for the elite held at the Monterey Jet Center, features exhibits ranging from motorcycles and cars to deluxe jets,
7. The Little Car Show – Wednesday, Aug. 15, Noon-5pm, Downtown Pacific Grove on Lighthouse Avenue
Showcasing the small, but mighty, this event in historic Downtown Pacific Grove includes “little cars” up to 1,601cc engines and electric cars.
6. Carmel-by-the-Sea Concours of the Avenue – Tuesday, Aug. 14, 10a-5pm – Ocean Avenue, Carmel-by-the-Sea
An annual event featuring classic, sporting, luxury, hot rods and muscle cars gathering on Ocean Avenue in downtown Carmel-by-the-Sea.
5. The Quail, A Motorsports Gathering – Friday, Aug. 17, 10am-4pm at Quail Lodge, Carmel Valley
A mixture of fantastic sporting autos and food on the Quail Lodge Golf Course.
4. Rolex Monterey Motorsports Reunion – Aug. 17-19 at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca, Monterey-Salinas Highway
Motorsports history is on display with authentic racecars competing on a Mazda Laguna Seca’s world-class track.
3. Tour of LeMons – Saturday, Aug 18, 10am-1pm along 1234 Canyon Del Rey Boulevard, Seaside
Relaxed and fun. This alternative event showcases misfits, lemons and junkers.
2. Concourso Italiano – Friday, Aug. 17, 9am-3pm at Laguna Seca Golf Ranch, Monterey-Salinas Highway
This celebration of Italian style, culture and craftsmanship is sure to get your motor running.
1. Pebble Beach Concours d ‘Elegance – Sunday, Aug. 19, 10:30am, Pebble Beach Golf Course, 18th Hole
Around since 1950, the Consours is known to be the world’s premier celebration of the automobile.