Photo Courtesy of RM Auction
What began as a small social event in the 1950’s, paired with a road race through Pebble Beach, the Concours d’Elegance has evolved into what is known as “Automotive Week” taking place at various venues throughout the entire Monterey Peninsula. Beginning August 13th, a jammed packed schedule of social events, auctions, shows and more will commence.
Downtown Monterey is a central hub for all the week’s action. With cars lined up for blocks, guests from all over the globe gather to show off their prized collections and participate in one of the week’s most popular events, the RM Auction right here at the Portola Hotel & Spa.
Famous for the Lone Cypress, breathtaking views and 17-Mile Drive, every year on the third Sunday in August, Pebble Beach plays host to the Concours d’Elegance. On August 18th, the 18th Fairway of the Pebble Beach Golf Links will be transformed, showcasing prized collector automobiles. Connoisseurs, collectors, enthusiasts, celebrities and more will gather to take part in what has grown to become one of the top-ranking collector car shows in the world.
Popular events throughout the week include (for a complete list of the week’s happenings visit See Monterey):
- Concours On The Avenue, Carmel by the Sea – 8/13
- Little Car Show in Downtown Pacific Grove – 8/14
- McCall’s Motorworks Revival at the Monterey Jet Center – 8/14
- Concorso Italiano, Laguna Seca Golf Ranch – 8/16
- Legends of the Autobahn, Rancho Canada Golf Course – 8/16
- The Quail, A Motorsports Gathering at Quail Lodge, Carmel Valley – 8/16
- Pacific Grove Concours Auto Rally, Downtown Pacific Grove – 8/16
- RM Auctions at the Portola Hotel & Spa – 8/16 & 8/17
- Rolex Monterey Motorsports Reunion at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca – 8/16 through 8/16
- Concours d’LeMons, Laguna Grande Park, Seaside – 8/17
- Concours d’Elegance – 8/18
Hailed by some as the World Series or Super Bowl of the automobile universe, the week’s events, unique cars and magical scenery, makes Auto Week, one not to be missed!