Sprinkles, frosting, icing and love – all important components of decorating holiday cookies! Our Portola Team has offered a few tips to help your cookies sparkle and shine!
- always make sure your cookies are cool and at room temperature before decorating to ensure your decorations don’t melt or run
- instead of using a colored frosting, drizzle cookies with melted chocolate
- layer on the frosting; let your base coat of a confectioners sugar glaze completely dry, then begin piping a design over with royal icing to give your cookie dimension
- using parchment paper, cut out a shape and use it as a stencil on top of the cookie; make sure to have buttercream frosting base, then lay down stencil and apply sprinkles; remove your stencil carefully
- personalize cookies with a name or special message
- most importantly have fun!