Monterey Conference Center Renovation and Hotel Upgrades
Exciting Improvements for Monterey Meetings
Monterey Conference Center
The City of Monterey is going through some exciting changes and we are thrilled to have a front row seat! The Monterey Conference Center, adjacent to the Portola Hotel & Spa is in the process of a $60 million renovation. The renovation is the largest project for the City of Monterey since they originally built the conference center back in 1977.
The Monterey Conference Center renovation will infuse up to $60 million dollars in physical and technological improvements into the building, including more flexible meeting space, more usable pre-function space, advanced technology, and the ability to host multiple meetings simultaneously. Re-opening in Spring 2017, the new conference center plans to be a fellow U.S. Green Building Council LEED® Certified building.
During this project the City of Monterey will be renovating the Portola Plaza driveway with an extensive remodel. During this time the front entrance to the Portola Hotel will be closed. Access to the hotel will be through the hotel parking garage located on the right hand side of Del Monte Avenue.
To learn more about this stunning Monterey Conference Center renovation or view their live web cam, please visit www.montereyconferencecenter.com.
Portola Hotel Renovations
We are thrilled to announce we are enhancing the hotel and renovating the lobby and lobby restaurant. The first phase of the renovation includes the upper lobby, front desk and main entrance to the hotel. We are making every effort to ensure your arrival experience and check-in to the hotel will be smooth and accommodating to your needs. Front desk and concierge services are currently available in Portola Room, accessible from the Alvarado Mall and directly across from the Portola parking garage pedestrian entrance.
As additional plans are finalized we will update this webpage with the latest information about our exciting upgrades for the property. For questions about your upcoming plans to our hotel in Monterey, CA, call us directly at (888) 222-5851 or email email@example.com.
Follow the Portola Hotel and adjacent Monterey Conference Center renovation process on our Portola Hotel & Spa blog.
Q&A About the Renovations
Our guests experience throughout this renovation is very important to us and we have taken extra steps to ensure a smooth arrival process for each and every guest. If you have questions, please call the hotel directly at (888) 222-5851.
What are the construction hours?
- Construction hours for the Monterey Conference Center start at 8:00am and are not allowed to exceed 9:00pm. Some weekend hours may apply.
- The Portola Hotel & Spa lobby construction hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 6:00pm.
When are the renovations scheduled to be complete?
- The Portola Hotel & Spa first phase of the renovation including the upper lobby and front desk is scheduled to be complete in January 2017. The second phase of the Portola Hotel & Spa renovation is scheduled between December 2016 through March 2017. The entire project will be completed mid-April 2017.
- The Monterey Conference Center renovation is scheduled to be completed in late Spring 2017.
Where is the driveway entrance during the Portola Plaza Driveway renovation?
- The entrance to the Portola Hotel & Spa will be through the hotel parking garage located on the right hand side of Del Monte Avenue. Our valet team will be there to greet and guide you throughout your stay.
Where is Front Desk located during the renovation?
- Front desk and concierge services will be available in the Portola Room, accessible from the Alvarado Mall and directly across from the Portola Parking Garage pedestrian entrance. We are making every effort to ensure your arrival experience and check-in to the hotel will be smooth and accommodating to your needs. Signage is available to help guide you throughout your stay.
Will the restaurants be open during the renovation?
- Peter B’s Brewpub located behind the Portola Hotel will be open for normal business hours.
- Jacks Restaurant, located off the Portola Hotel lower lobby, will continue to offer our European style breakfast buffet, including bottomless mimosas. A full seasonal dinner menu will also be served daily until 10pm.
- Jacks Lounge is located inside Jacks Restaurant and open daily at 4:00pm to serve Happy Hour until 6:00pm. Both the bar and restaurant are open for full service, including an enticing lounge menu and an exciting seasonal winter dinner menu. The lounge and dinner menu which will include some of our new menu items designed for when we re-open Jacks in the Spring. Dinner will be served daily until 10pm.
Portola Hotel & Spa Public Relations
For media inquiries about the renovation at the Portola Hotel & Spa, please contact Trisha Davis at Ballantines PR.