Experience Monterey & More in 2016!
As 2015 is winding down, and the New Year approaches, we all start to jot down our mental list of resolutions. We know that New Year’s is a time of reflection on the past and a time to look toward improvement in the future, but I challenge you to use 2016 to embrace the now and #grabyourmoment! For this reason, we have compiled a list of the top 10 things to experience in Monterey in 2016 that will whet your appetite for adventure, and revitalize your thirst for life!
- Sea Kayaking on the Monterey Bay gives families an afternoon of fun that will excite the imagination and leave you with stories to share that last a lifetime. Whether it’s seeing wildlife up close or viewing Cannery Row from the water, kayaking is a perfect way to embrace the adventures in life and appreciate the beauty of nature all around.
- Home to the majestic California Grey Whale and one of the only places where you can see whales year-round, there’s no better place for Whale Watching than the Monterey Bay. Set your sights sea bound and cruise around on a marine safari that will expand your horizons and fill your life with wonder.
- The annual Monterey Jazz Festival is a three-day extravaganza devoted to the love of music, specifically jazz. Three days of jazz, blues, folk, and American song, the Jazz Festival in Monterey, CA has something for everyone!
- Nothing compares to experiencing a Monterey Bay Sunset. Visit Asilomar Beach and watch as the sun sinks into the ocean, painting the sky with vivid orange and pink hues or take a stroll along the Coastal Recreation Trail and take in a world of color as the sun sets upon another beautiful Monterey Bay day. See what’s nearby the Portola Hotel & Spa.
- Home of one of the best aquariums in the world, the Monterey Bay Aquarium is truly the gem of the Peninsula. Come by to experience a deep sea adventure among the exotic wildlife, and learn a thing or two on the way!
- I know I’ve mentioned this amazing place before, but here I go again! Known as “the greatest meeting of land and sea in the world,” this New Year will not be complete without a visit to Point Lobos State Reserve. “The crown jewel of the state park system,” this reserve is the perfect place to hike, dive, paint, or picnic amid breathtaking scenery.
- Experience the most fun you can have in two hours on three wheels with Sea Car Tours in Monterey! The newest attraction to the peninsula – the tour is one of the best ways to experience fantastic ocean vistas.
- Historic Cannery Row and Fisherman’s Wharf make for a perfect afternoon family outing. Monterey’s rich history comes alive complemented by tasty treats and breathtaking views of the bay; an afternoon spent in one of these two locations is guaranteed fun for the whole family.
- Vision Quest Ranch & the Monterey Zoo, a 51-acre ranch located off the Monterey-Salinas Highway, is home to 100+ wild, exotic, and domestic birds and animals. Stop by for a fierce adventure of excitement and fun!
- Explore Big Sur & Carmel Valley – head a bit inland and take a day to explore the lush vineyards and boutique wineries located throughout rural Carmel Valley, or put the top down and enjoy the view as you head down the Coast and experience the bohemian village of Big Sur, eclectic galleries, unique eateries and some of the best views, beaches and hiking trails await your arrival.
Did we miss anything? Share your favorite, must-see and do Monterey Bay adventures!
For more information about the events and attractions mentioned above, visit seemonterey.com.