Father’s Day Contest!
One of the great traditions we celebrate is Father’s Day. Almost everyone has a favorite story about their dad, but the fanfare was always reserved for Mother’s Day. Mom gets to indulge. Dad gets to rest. While good in theory, why can’t Dad enjoy some of the finer things? A trip to the spa might be out of the question, but how about something a little more…“Dad-like”. The Portola Hotel & Spa is looking to change that with their Father’s Day Giveaway Contest.
Now through June 17th, you have the chance to give Dad a little love. Simply come down to Peter B’s Brewpub located behind the Portola and sign-up for your chance to win Dad a night at the award winning Portola Hotel & Spa and dinner for four at Peter B’s Brewpub. There are plenty of other prizes including Growler’s of Peter B’s craft beer, T-shirts and more! The winners will be announced on June 18th with more details on Peter B’s Brewpub’s Facebook page. Do yourself and Dad a favor and get him something great for Father’s Day.
Now there are some people who might not win, but don’t fear, Central Coast living has the Top 10 cool things to do on the Peninsula for Father’s Day:
- Hike Garland Ranch. It’s free and it’s a fantastic way to spend time with Dad.
- Golf at Pebble Beach: There is a special rate on father’s day and trust me, dad will get off the couch
- Skydiving in Marina. Dad will like that you see him as young.
- Fishing on Monterey Bay. Quintessential Dad!
- Catch a Game at Peter B’s Brewpub. All of the action and none of the traffic.
- Lunch on the couch and the U.S. Open. The final round of our national championship and a great sandwich from one of the area’s incredible delis.
- Sailing on Monterey Bay. There are a number of charter’s available and again, who doesn’t love the ocean.
- Golf. ‘Nuff said.
- Catch a Classic Car Show or a race at Mazda Laguna Seca Raceway. You might have to wait a couple of weeks, but summer brings a bevy of auto events of all shapes and sizes.
- Rent a Kayak or Paddle Board. Who doesn’t love the ocean?