Green Meetings Made Easy – Guest Post, Terri D’Ayon Joyce, Director of Sales
As Central California’s very first U.S. Green Building Council LEED® Certified hotel and conference facility in the category of Existing Building (EB), I am proud to say that here at the Portola Hotel & Spa, we are truly “leeding” the way in creating the most sustainable and eco-friendly conference and events on California’s West Coast.
Green Inspired Events at the Portola Hotel & Spa
Let our professionals at the Portola, guide you in planning an environmentally responsible event, which not only leaves a lasting impression on your guests, but reinforces the importance of reducing one’s impact on the Earth.
Many of our Green Meetings clients who have held their event at the Portola have opted for a variety of sustainable features including:
- Zero waste meetings & events for up to 800
- Composting of post-consumer organic wastes
- Video conferencing
- Conference materials provided as a digital distribution
- Environmentally friendly vendor & exhibit company suggestions
- Open communication regarding the use of reusable or recyclable packing & materials
- Earth-friendly plastic & paper goods
- The utilization of China, glassware & silverware, replacing the use of to-go cups
- Organic & sustainable menu options, including seafood from the Monterey Bay Aquarium’s Seafood Watch® Program
- Team building activities with an emphasis on environmental awareness and eco-friendly engagement
Niçoise Salad with Salmon Sourced According to Monterey Bay Aquarium Seafood Watch Guidelines
No matter the size of your event or conference topics, our team will implement a variety of levels that surround the theme of sustainable and green living including: providing your attendees the option of purchasing carbon offsets via Portola’s eco partners at the Offset Project, organizing a beach clean-up, exploring our destination on bikes via rentals onsite at Adventures by the Sea, or arranging for field gleaning after a harvest…the possibilities are endless.
At the Portola, we’ll make you look good turning green.