Holiday Party Planning
I know it’s only October, but before we know it the holiday season will be upon us and the hustle and bustle’ of the season will be in full swing! Before it sneaks up, my motto is, “it’s never too soon to plan ahead” and with the help of some of the best event pros in the business, this year planning my husband’s client holiday party, as well as a couple smaller events just got a whole lot easier!
I always love highlighting the location and venue for all of my events and living in such a magical region as Monterey, the Portola Hotel & Spa is the ideal location. Easy for all our guests, local and out of town, the Portola is easy to access, features a variety of creative event space – exuding all that the Monterey Bay area has to offer.
So with the expertise of the Portola’s catering and events team, this is what I am planning for three – very distinct celebrations this holiday season!
Hubby’s Office & Client Holiday Party
- Venue: Portola’s Grand Ballroom
- Format: Cocktail Hour with signature winter-themed cocktail, bubbly & hosted bar, sit down dinner, DJ dancing entertainment and holiday-themed photo booth & props
- Menu: A Traditional Holiday Feast
De Anza Ballroom inside the Portola Hotel & Spa
My Book Club Holiday Luncheon
- Venue: Jacks’ Private Dining Room
- Format: Luncheon style with a nautical twist! Basing the themed on our latest read, Big Little Lies (HBO movie coming out soon and filmed in Monterey) – too much fun!
- Menu: Sit down lunch with a splash of holiday tradition
Jacks Restaurant Private Dining Room
Hubby’s College Buddies Annual Holiday Get-together
- Venue: Peter B’s Brewpub’s Private Barrel Room
- Format: Craft Beer tasting and apps – more of a casual mix and mingle type of event, along with poker chips and cards, just in case!
- Menu: Craft beer flights, paired with Peter B’s signature apps, hand selected by Pub’s brewer and Executive Chef
To get started on your planning visit www.portolahotel.com/events. Happy planning!