RECIPE FEATURE: GET GAME DAY READY WITH CHEF DANNY’S HARRIS RANCH COWBOY STEAK
Whether tailgating or hosting friends for the Big Game, the peak of Football Season is upon us and it’s time to do some cooking and definitely, some good eating!
The Portola Hotel & Spa’s, Executive Chef Danny Abbruzzese has created a game day favorite featuring Harris Ranch Beef. Along with a keg filled with one of Peter B’s Brewpub’s flagship brews – whether at the stadium tailgating or hosting at home, your spot will quickly become known as the place to be at on game day!
For more information about Peter B’s Brewpub keg rentals click here.
Harris Ranch Cowboy Steak
18oz Bone in Ribeye with Chimichurri Sauce and Grilled Parmesan Potatoes
Ingredients for 18oz Bone in Ribeye
- 4 18oz Bone in Ribeyes
- Salt and Pepper
Instructions for 18oz Bone in Ribeye
- Remove 4 Cowboy Steaks from the cooler and generously season both sides with Salt and Pepper. Let stand 15-20 minutes at room temperature before cooking.
- Place the Cowboy Steaks on the hottest part of the grill, which will help achieve a beautiful crust and more flavor. If flare ups occur, move it to the cool spot, then back on the flame when they die down. Always lift, don’t slide your Steak.
- Cook each Cowboy Steak for 5-7 minutes, per side, until you reach desired temperature. Remove Steaks from grill and place on a resting rack to hold. Try to avoid putting directly on surface, as to avoid sweating out juices and flavor.
Ingredients for Parmesan Potatoes
Skewer Sticks Required
- 2 pounds Small Yukon Gold Potatoes-Creamers
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- ½ cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- ¼ cup Melted Butter
- ¼ cup Finely Chopped Fresh Parsley
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
Instructions for Parmesan Potatoes
- Toss Yukon Gold Potatoes in Olive Oil and season generously with Salt and Pepper.
- Skewer Potatoes and place on preheated grill. Cook for 18-20 minutes, moving constantly until Potatoes are tender to the touch and has crispy skin.
- Remove Potatoes from the skewer and place in medium mixing bowl. Toss Yukons with Butter, Parmesan Cheese, Parsley and season to taste.
Ingredients for Chimichurri
- ½ cup Finely Chopped Fresh Parsley
- 6 Garlic Cloves Minced
- ¾ cup Olive Oil
- ¼ cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Lemon Juice
- 2 teaspoons Crushed Red Pepper
- Salt and Pepper
Instructions for Chimichurri
- Combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Let Chimichurri stand at room temperature for 45 minutes to an hour before serving.