Repost: Chef Carl’s BBQ Spareribs Recipe
A BBQ FAVORITE
Chef Carl’s BBQ Spareribs
Long summer nights and weekends around the BBQ with family and friends are upon us! A popular barbecue recipe around the Portola Hotel is Chef Carl’s BBQ Spareribs. Pair these ribs with homemade cornbread, coleslaw, and Peter B’s Brewpub’s award-winning craft beer, and you have yourself the combination for a perfect BBQ. Whether cooking for one or your fellow housemates, there is no better time than now to savor a home cooked meal, prepared al fresco.
Our very own Chef Carl shared his original recipe for Barbecued Spareribs – cooked LOW and SLOW, last year for Memorial Day. Now is the perfect time to break out the barbecue and start channeling all those summer feels with this delicious recipe.
Chef Carl’s Barbecued Spareribs
- 1 Rack of Spareribs
- Teriyaki Marinade
- 2 Tbsp. Salt
- 2 Tbsp. Black Pepper
- 1 Tbsp. Onion Powder
- 1 Tbsp. Chili Powder
- Chopped parsley (optional for garnish)
Teriyaki Marinade Ingredients
- 1 Cup of Soy Sauce
- ½ Cup Brown Sugar
- ¼ Cup Onion
- ½ Cup Water
Teriyaki Marinade Directions
- Combine all of the ingredients in a saucepan on medium heat.
- Cook for five minutes and then remove from heat.
- Remove the membrane off the ribs.
- Mix all of the dry ingredients (salt, black pepper, onion powder, chili powder) together and rub on both sides of the ribs.
- Heat the grill to 250 degrees.
- Rub the teriyaki marinade (saving some for additional basting) over the ribs and cook the ribs slowly, turning every 30 minutes for 4 hours.
- Start basting with the Teriyaki Marinade, turning every 10 minutes for 40 minutes.
- For additional flavor, add your favorite BBQ sauce to the ribs. Turn every 5 minutes for 20 minutes.
- Take off the grill. Garnish with chopped parsley (optional).
Looking for other recipes to make at home? Try these recipes!
Looking for cocktail recipes to make at home? Try these recipes!