All Things Peet’s Coffee
Guest Post by Stacie Tarantino, General Manager of Peet’s Coffee at the Portola Hotel & Spa
With the recent opening of the NEW Peet’s Coffee at the Portola Hotel & Spa, we wanted to share some of the very cool and most importantly, delicious facts about Peet’s Coffee in general, but also some special features that will only be found at the Portola Hotel location here in amazing, Monterey, California.
Before I get started on the Monterey location, I did want to share the unique way Peet’s sources their coffee beans. Peet’s sources their coffee beans from certain farms during certain times of the year. The Peet’s buyers do a phenomenal job of identifying exceptional beans and achieving a consistent, unmatched product. Peet’s was founded over 50 years ago and continues to be dedicated to the craftsmanship and attention to detail of the coffee production process – every step of the way – which shines through all their products.
10 Facts About our Portola Hotel & Spa Location
1. Every morning beginning at 4:30am we bake our homemade baked goods, preparing for our opening at 5:30am, seven days a week. Every baked good that Peet’s sells is baked in-house.
2. We begin prepping for our deli/lunch (salads, wraps, and sandwiches) items every morning at 7am, turning around fresh menu items for our lunch service.
3. All of our coffee cups and packaging are compostable and recyclable, including the cold brew, nitro, and kombucha kegs.
4. All products are sourced locally, such as downtown Monterey’s Revival Ice Cream. We chose only the finest local bakeries for our sandwiches including Palermo Bakery, Lafayette Bakery, Claudio’s Specialty Breads, and Paris Bakery.
5. All of the snacks we sell are made from the best ingredients possible, from the Rip Von Waffles to our Dark Chocolate Covered Espresso Beans.
6. One of our main goals at the Portola Hotel & Spa, is we want all our guest to have an amazing quality experience, without ever having to leave the property. Partnering with Peet’s has given us another opportunity to deliver the best experience possible.
7. We do our best to be sustainable in every aspect of our operations, from sourcing to timed lighting and energy saving refrigeration.
8. We use the finest chocolate to make our homemade brownies, homemade sauces for our sandwiches and house made dressings for our salad. We are committed to bringing out the finest and best quality of products in each and every drink and food item we serve.
9. Our Peet’s staff is incredible, and we are so lucky to have each and every one of our staff members. We hired many team members with retail and hospitality experience right here in Monterey, so they are the perfect fit to share with our guest al that they can enjoy while visiting the Peninsula.
10. We are all a passionate representative of Peet’s and Portola Hotel & Spa and hope our talents shine through with flavorful, consistent and high quality drinks along with some creative finishes to personalize your drink with latte art!