Tween & Teen Summer Family Fun
For many of us busy moms and dads, summer is upon us and it’s time to find new and attention-grabbing activities for our tweens & teenagers – especially when traveling! If you are planning a Monterey Bay vacation and looking for something a little different to keep the kiddos busy and smiling (and off the electronics), here are five out of the box adventures to try!
- Just a 45-60 minute drive from the Monterey Peninsula, Redwood Canopy & Zip Lining Tours in Felton (just north of Santa Cruz) lets you view the redwoods from a total different perspective! Ideal for ages 10+!
- For kids age 8+, Fast Raft Ocean Safaris is the ultimate way to explore the Monterey Bay if you feel the need for speed and want to view spectacular wildlife! Each customized tour provides an amazing experience for up to six passengers at a time.
- Book a private Bicycle Tour along scenic 17 Mile Drive and the Monterey Bay Coastline from Adventures by the Sea. Adventures by the Sea has all sizes of bikes for grown-ups and kids AND they even have kiddie karts for rent, for those little ones that just want to kick back and enjoy the view!
- Nature lovers can get up close and personal with harbor seals, sea otters and a variety of sea birds during an Elkhorn Slough Safari Tour in Moss Landing. Just a 20 minute drive from Monterey, you’ll board a 27 foot pontoon boat and explore the slough alongside experienced naturalists and guides!
- Saddle up discover some of the local region’s most beautiful sites by horseback! From forested trails to beach rides there are a variety of options. Monterey Bay Equestrian Center offers guided rides along Salinas River State Beach in Moss Landing, or head down Highway One towards Big Sur and explore the coastal and forested trails from Molera State Park, by Molera Horseback Tours.There are endless adventures to be had during your next Monterey Bay family getaway, from sea kayaking to surfing, hiking to fishing, it’s all here and ready for memories to be made!