Portola Pirate Kids Program
The Portola Pirates program is focused on kids between the ages of 3-12 who want to come to Monterey and have fun! Our kid-friendly hotel in Monterey has created a fun self-guided treasure hunt around the nautically inspired decor on the property, incorporating fun and the educational history of Monterey. Antique model ships are located throughout the hotel in addition to anchors and photographs from days gone by, ensuring educational and exciting Monterey travel with kids.
Upon each return visit to our family-friendly Monterey hotel, your little crewmembers will earn additional benefits and surprises when they continue take part in our Portola Pirates Program. The full program outline as follows:
- Voyage 1: Your first stay at the property includes a souvenir Portola Pirate Bag and self-guided treasure hunt map to buried treasure.
- Voyage 2: Your second stay at the property includes a voucher for a complimentary root beer float in a souvenir Portola Pirate Mug at Jacks Monterey or Peter B's Brewpub.
- Voyage 3: Your third stay at the property includes a voucher for complimentary admission to MY Museum, the Monterey County Youth Museum in downtown Monterey.
- Voyage 4: Your fourth stay at the property includes a Portola Pirate t-shirt.
- Voyage 5: Your fifth stay at the property includes a Pirate Party in your guestroom* for up to ten friends under the age of 12 years old. Enjoy pizza, sweets and pirate treats with complimentary rental of a Wii gaming system. Parent supervision is required.
*Voyage 5 - Call reservations directly at (888) 222-5851 to book Voyage 5. The Portola Hotel & Spa requires a 7 day notice to plan and setup your child's pirate party.