Jacks Monterey Inside the Portola Hotel & Spa Introduces a New Way to Do Sunday Brunch
Monterey, CA – March 16, 2018 – Portola Hotel & Spa is thrilled to announce the launch of Sunday brunch at Jacks Monterey with live music and a Booze Buggy Beverage Cart. . . After all, without booze, it's just breakfast! Beginning on March 18, guests will enjoy a decadent, mouthwatering menu featuring brunch favorites like Ricotta Cheese Blintzes, California Benedicts, Carl's Skillet Fried Chicken and Waffles, Brioche French Toast, and more.
The new brunch items will be prepared by Executive Chef, Danny Abbruzzese, who has created his own unique style of approachable cuisine, inspired by regional favorites from around the country. "Jacks brunch menu was inspired by full flavor eats and brunch classics that are unpretentious and bursting with flavor. This menu paired with Jacks cocktail cart and live music is a unique and refreshing change for the peninsula." - Danny Abbruzzese, Executive Chef
Jacks New Sunday Brunch Menu
Jacks Monterey invites hotel guests and Monterey locals to indulge in a brand-new brunch menu, available between 11:30 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. every Sunday. The new menu will feature:
- Ricotta Cheese Blintzes with Warm Buttered Pears ($8)
- Sustainable Smoked Salmon with Bagel, Cream Cheese, Capers, Red Orion, Sliced Tomatoes ($9)
- Organic Yogurt Parfait with Portola-made Granola and Local Orchard Fruits ($7)
- California Eggs Benedict with Toasted Muffin, Roasted Turkey, Avocado, Hollandaise Sauce ($15)
- Carl's Skillet Fried Chicken and Waffle with a side of Country Grave and Amber Alo Gastrique ($17)
- Wild Salmon with Sauté of Haricot Vert and Crispy Shallots, Lentils du puy, Chardonnay Sauce ($19)
- Huevos Rancheros with Palaro Pastured Berkshire Pork Carnitas, Fried Eggs, Salsa Verde, Crispy Corn Tortillas ($14)
- Brioche French Toast with Fresh Spring Berries and Maple Syrup ($13)
- Portola-made Corned Beef Hash with Farm Fresh Eggs your way ($15)
- Quiche Florentine with Cypress Grove Humboldt fog, spinach, mirepoix and apple salad ($12)
The newly designed atrium, lobby restaurant will be the place to brunch when Sunday rolls around with live music performances from an assortment of local musicians from 11:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. *Our hope is to invite everyone in the Monterey Bay to try out our Picnic in the Park Brunch concept and dine where the sun always shines." - Brian Hein. Director of Food & Beverage.
Booze Buggy Beverage Cart
Treat yourself to one-of-a-kind cocktail blends made with locally-sourced ingredients and fresh citrus twists. Each cocktail is crafted tableside for a more interactive experience. Cocktails are $10.00 each and the Booze Buggy Beverage Cart will feature:
- Grande Elyx Bloody Marys featuring Tuyet's special MIx with bacon, pickled asparagus, pickled green beans, celery, limes, lemons, wax peppers and more to enjoy
- Grande Elyx Screwdrivers with Odwalla Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice and Orange wheel
- Grande Avion Tequila Sunrise with Odwalla Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice, a splash of grenadine and Maraschino cherry
- Mimosa's featuring a split of Moet Champagne with or without the Ocwalla Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice and Orange wheel
ABOUT PORTOLA HOTEL & SPA
The AAA Four Diamond. Portola Hotel & Spa in Monterey, CA was one of the first US. Green Building Council LEED® Certified hotel on California's Central Coast. The full-service hotel offers guests a rich, historical ambiance, with residential style and a dedicated staff to ensure an unparalleled guest experience. The Portola Hotel features 379 well-appointed guest rooms, ranging from 400 to 1,000 square feet. Portola boasts an expert event planning staff and over 60,000 square feet of meeting space with the adjacent Monterey Conference Center. Home to the Monterey Peninsula's original craft brewery, Peter B's Brewpub, The Club Room and Monterey's newest dining hot spot, Jacks Monterey. The Portola boasts an award-winning 6,000- square-fool day spa. Spa on the Plaza offers beautifully appointed treatment rooms and an extensive spa menu of signature treatments. Overnight guests also have access to the hotel's spa and fitness facilities, complete with steam room, sauna, outdoor pool and Jacuzzi.
For more information, please visit portolahotel.com/
ABOUT JACKS MONTEREY
Jacks Monterey at Portola Hotel & Spa is poised to provide a refreshing experience among Monterey restaurants. Our philosophy is centered on the globally-inspired traditions of California Cultural Cuisine, emphasizing small plates, high-quality seafood, and more. Featuring acclaimed Chef Danny Abbruzzese at the helm, our kitchen has created lunch and dinner menus using local, sustainable ingredients wherever possible. These dishes highlight the flavors of fresh meats and produce sourced from purveyors found throughout Monterey County. In addition, the bar at our new restaurant in Monterey includes a selection of local wines, house cocktails, and craft beers. With design details to echo the beautiful surrounding landscape, the atmosphere at Jacks Monterey promises to be sophisticated- never pretentious. We invite you to join us for a refined-yet-relaxed dining experience in Monterey Bay.
For more information, please visit Jacksatportola.com