PORTOLA HOTEL & SPA VOTED BEST OF THE WEST 2014 BY MEETINGS FOCUS MAGAZINE
Monterey, CA – Sept 5, 2014 – For the second consecutive year, Portola Hotel & Spa is proud to announce its award for Best of the West 2014 by Meeting Focus Magazine. Monterey's first and only Silver LEED® EB certified hotel has been elected as one of the most beloved meetings sites in the West.
Every year as part of its "Best of…" awards, Meetings Focus polls its readers to get their take on what hotels and resorts delivered a superlative meetings experience. The properties are judged on the following criteria: the quality of meeting space; guest rooms; guest services and amenities; food and beverage service; high-tech services and equipment; recreational facilities and activities; the efficiency and helpfulness of staff; and overall value and experience.
Portola Hotel & Spa is proud to offer meeting and event planners the opportunity to create sustainable and eco-friendly conferences and events. Green Event Features Include:
- Zero waste meetings & events
- Composting of all post-consumer items
- Video conferencing
- Environmentally friendly vendor & exhibit companies suggestions
- Open communication regarding the use of reusable or recyclable packing & materials
- Earth-friendly plastic & paper goods
- The utilization of China, glassware & silverware, replacing the use of to-go cups
- Organic & sustainable menu options (including Seafood Watch® Program)
- Team building activities with an emphasis on environmental awareness
ABOUT PORTOLA HOTEL & SPA
Portola Hotel & Spa is Monterey's first and only Silver LEED® EB certified hotel and AAA Four Diamond Rating. The full-service hotel offers guests a rich, historical ambiance, with residential style and a dedicated staff to ensure an unparalleled guest experience. The hotel features 379 nautically inspired guest rooms and suites, ranging from 400 to 1,000 square feet.
Portola Hotel & Spa is home to Jacks Restaurant and Lounge and Peter B's Brewpub, the Monterey Peninsula's first craft brewery. In addition, overnight guests have access to the hotel's spa and fitness facilities, complete with steam room, sauna, outdoor pool and Jacuzzi. The newly renovated 6,000-square-foot Spa on the Plaza offers 10 treatment rooms and an extensive spa menu of signature treatments.
For more information please visit: portolahotel.com