View Our Statement of Privacy
Last Updated: May 25, 2018
Our goal is to provide you with an Internet experience that delivers the information, resources and services that are most relevant to you. To achieve this goal, part of the operation of the Site includes the gathering of certain types of information about Site users.
What Information is Collected About You? How Do We Use It?
We are committed to ensuring that the personal information we obtain from you is used only for the purposes explained to you in this Policy and that you consent to. The legal bases for the Hotel’s processing activities include processing such information as necessary to fulfill our contractual obligations, compliance with our legal obligations, protect the safety of our employees and guests, as well as for our legitimate business interests, with your consent.
You may wish to submit an information request about our Hotel, participate in one of our promotions or subscribe to our e-mail or postal mail lists. In response, we may ask for personal information such as your name, postal address, and e-mail. In the event you opt to provide us with this information, we will only use it for the purposes consented to and specified by you at the bottom of the information gathering form. The Hotel’s basis for the processing of your personal information is for which such information was provided or collected:
Reservation or On-property
- When you make a reservation and you stay at our Hotel, we process your name, address, contact information, along with the details of your stay (arrival and departure day and time, vehicle information and information regarding others traveling or staying with you), on the basis of our contractual relationship with you. We also process such data for our business interests, including for marketing, service improvements, analytics and service personalization.
- The Hotel collects certain additional personal information during registration/check-in (such as national ID or passport information).
- For the protection of our staff, guests and visitors the Hotel uses closed circuit television and other security measures that may capture or record images of guests and visitors in public areas.
- Disclose personal information to protect the security, property, assets or legal rights of the Hotel from unauthorized use, or misuse, of the Site.
- Disclose information when required by law to the extent necessary and in a manner that seeks to maintain the privacy of the individual.
- We process the personal information obtained in connection with your meeting or event on the basis of our contractual relationship with you and for our business interests, including for marketing, service improvements, analytics and service personalization, as well as fulfillment of services.
- We use your personal information to send you marketing messages on the basis of your consent. You may withdraw your consent for direct marketing communications at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by selecting “unsubscribe” in the e-mail marketing message.
- Completion of the Hotel’s surveys is voluntary. The Hotel processes the information obtained from surveys for business interests, including analytics, marketing, and service improvement to help the Hotel serve you better.
Promotions & Sweepstakes
- Participation in sweepstakes, contests and other promotional offerings is voluntary. The Hotel processes information collected from such participation based on your consent and as necessary to administer the offering. We also use certain data for our business purposes, including for marketing.
- Participation in the Hotel’s social media activities and offerings is voluntary. The Hotel processes information collected from social media participation on the basis of your consent and in furtherance of our related business interests, including for marketing and analytics.
All forms that are accessible on this Site will provide an opt-in and an opt-out button to allow you to choose to participate or not to participate in Hotel postal mailing, email newsletters, email promotions, and future online marketing. Please understand when you opt-in, your information is only used for Hotel purposes including package offers with local Hotel partners. Otherwise we do not sell, rent or share any of your personal information with any other party, and we do not use your personal information for commercial purposes without your consent. You may request to be removed from our lists at any time by following the easy “unsubscribe” feature on all emails distributed to our lists, or by contacting us at email@example.com.
Permission for Use
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) for European Union Residents
- Right to access their data
- Right to correct their data
- Right to be forgotten
- Right to restrict processing
- Right to transfer their data to another party
- Right to object
- Right to not be included in automated marketing initiatives or profiling
Requests may be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to Privacy Requests, 2 Portola Plaza, Monterey, CA 93940, USA.
The Hotel has the obligation to respond to your request within 30 days of our receipt of the request. For circumstances outside of the Hotel’s control, the Hotel will inform you if the response will take longer than 30 days. In addition, the Hotel will not respond to any request unless the Hotel can appropriately verify the requester’s identity.
If you decide to make an online reservation at the Site, you will be linked to a reservation interface and a third party booking engine ("Booking Engine") provided by SynXis. While it may appear to be part of the Hotel’s Site, the Booking Engine is in fact provided by a third party and is governed by its privacy practices. We understand that security remains the primary concern of online consumers and have chosen the Booking Engine Vendor carefully.
Protecting Your Personal Information
We recognize that using our Site to plan and purchase accommodations is a convenient and frequently used feature of the Site, and the Hotel is committed to protecting the personal information we collect. The Hotel has implemented a security program to keep personal information that is stored in our systems protected from unauthorized use, access and disclosure.
Our Site is hosted in a secure environment. The Site servers and systems are configured with data encryption, or scrambling, technologies, and industry-standard firewalls. When you enter personal information during the reservations process, during a customer e-mail sign-up, or other use of our Site, your personal information and data is protected by Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology to ensure safe transmission.
Withdrawing Consent to Use
Use of Aggregated Data
Portola Hotel & Spa is interested in improving the Site and may develop and offer new features and services on the Site. We monitor aggregated data regarding use of the Site for lawful business marketing purposes and to study, improve and promote the use of the Site. In connection with such purposes, the Hotel may share aggregated data with third parties collectively and in an anonymous way. Disclosure of aggregated data does not reveal personal information about individual Site users in any way that identifies who they are or how to contact them.
To enable features at the Site, the Hotel may assign one or more "cookies" to your Internet browser. Cookies, among other things, speed navigation through our Site, keep track of information so that you do not have to re-enter it each time you visit our Site, and may provide you with customized content. A cookie is an Internet mechanism composed of a small text file containing a unique identification number that permits a web server to send small pieces of information or text by means of your browser and place them on your computer's hard drive for storage. This text lets the web server know if you have previously visited the web page. Cookies do not provide the identity or personal information of any user.
The Hotel uses personal information to divide large groups of consumers into sub-groups of consumers (known as segments) based on common characteristics such as geography, behavior, or demographics. For example, if you travel frequently to the Hotel and book a breakfast package, we may send you a special offer for the breakfast package.
Children’s Privacy & Parental Consent
Links Provided to Other Sites
Policy Modifications & Contacting Hotel