ACCESSIBILITY FEATURES AT OUR MONTEREY HOTEL
ACCESSIBILITY FEATURES AT OUR MONTEREY HOTEL
Hotel Accessibility Features
- Closed caption televisions
- Designated ground level self-parking
- Accessible van self-parking
- TTY for guest use
- Public bathrooms with one larger stall equipped with grab bars for safety & support
- Ramp access to lower lobby restaurant, terrace, and entrance to the parking garage
- Ramp access to upper lobby check-in, valet, and elevator access
- Push-lever to exit side entrance doors towards parking garage, spa building, & pool
- Automatic doors to enter or exit the lobby in the Main building
- Automatic doors to enter or exit the lobby in the Main building & Spa building providing access to the parking garage
- Ramp access from garage to Spa building to access elevators
- Braille on meeting room signs
- Fire alarms for audio & visually impaired are available
- There are accessible Doorways to all public areas
- Service animals are accepted
- There is alternative text signage for all public spaces
- Accessible Self-Parking spots are available
- Accessible Valet Parking is available
- There are accessible parking spaces available (8 feet wide for car plus 5-foot access aisle)
- The count of van-accessible spaces is 4
- The count of total accessible Spaces is 9
- There are accessible parking spaces closest to the accessible entrance
- The public access area ramps are non-slip
- All the ramps longer than 6 feet have railings on both sides
- There is an accessible path of at least 36 inches wide to the check-in the desk
- There is an accessible path of at least 36 inches wide to the guestrooms
- There are accessible paths of at least 36 inches wide in all public guest areas
- There is an accessible elevator
- The pool has an accessible entrance (ramp, lift)
- There is sufficient room for guests with mobility issues to maneuver in the fitness center
- The business center is accessible
- There are 379 hotel Rooms & Suites
- There are 14 Accessible Rooms
Portola Hotel & Spa at Monterey Bay sources Sabre's SynXis booking engine for digital room reservation transactions. We are proud to partner with Sabre as they have also committed to digital accessibility and have taken steps to be compliant with the current standards. Sabre's SynXis Booking Engine (SBE), our current product, has been coded to WCAG 2.0 and Section 508 guidelines and standards as of February 18, 2019.
Portola Hotel & Spa at Monterey Bay
Browser HelpOptimize the way you view your web browser. If you have difficulty in reading the website on your screen, you may be able to change the settings on your browser to help you improve readability and visibility of each webpage: Learn about the Accessibility features of these major Internet Browsers below:
- Mozilla Firefox : Click Here for Mozilla Firefox Accessibility Features
- Google Chrome : Click Here for Google Accessibility Features
- Internet Explorer : Click Here for Microsoft Internet Explorer Ease of Access Options
- Apple Safari: Click Here for Apple Accessibility Support
Website Accessibility FeaturesThis website is designed to be fully accessible to all and is designed according to W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1 and conforms to most priority checkpoints which entail some of the following elements:
Navigation ShortcutsOur website can be navigated by using the tab key to traverse the elements of each page and by using the enter key to activate a highlighted link.
Structured, Semantic MarkupHTML heading tags are used to convey the document structure. Navigation menus are tagged as HTML maps so that the menu title can be read out, and the menu items are presented as a group. Please see our Site Map for easy navigation at: https://www.portolahotel.com/site-map
Images VisibilityAll content images include descriptive ALT attributes and all purely decorative graphics include null ALT attributes.
Standards ComplianceThe site is designed to conform to Level AA compliance as specified by the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines. All pages validate as XHTML 1.0 and use structured semantic markup.
- Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1, which explains the reasons behind each guideline.
- Section 508, Information and news about the accessibility standards introduced by Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act.
Accessibility Software and ServicesThe following tools and services are available for free to assist you with viewing and interacting with our website:
- Click Here for HTML Validator, a free service for checking that web pages conform to published HTML standards.