Expand Your Hospitality Career in Monterey
At Portola Hotel & Spa, we pride ourselves on creating exceptional experiences for our guests. This experience starts with excellent service from our team members. Advance your career with exciting hotel and restaurant jobs in the heart of Monterey.
Known for our spirit of adventure and exploration, Portola exudes a service philosophy that is innovative. Join us in bringing a new level of excellence to the hospitality industry.
Why Work Here
Portola Hotel & Spa is one of the largest hotels on the Peninsula, located in the heart of downtown Monterey, CA, with three restaurants including Monterey's original craft brewery, Peter B's Brewpub. We pride ourselves in offering exceptional service and meaningful guest experiences through Four Diamond service and the hotel's commitment to sustainability and the environment as Monterey's first U.S. Green Building Council's LEED® Certified Hotel.
We seek individuals who are passionate about serving others and being a part of an exceptional team. We are committed to seeking and retaining employees who have a diverse set of backgrounds and experiences, but who are united by their ability to connect with others and deliver on Portola's promise to our guests.
The Portola Hotel offers many opportunities to move onward and upward due to our focus on training, development, and empowering our associates to promote from within. In addition to fostering a professional environment where our team can succeed, the Portola Hotel & Spa is a culinary externship property by The Culinary Institute of America.
- Benefits The Portola Hotel offers market leading wages and competitive benefit programs to ensure that our team members are well taken care of and feel supported by us.
- Comprehensive medical benefits with a broad-based provider network so that you can choose the plan that works best for you. Plans include medical, dental, vision, and life insurance.
- 401(k) retirement savings program after three months of employment.
- Paid vacation time and sick pay eligibility after satisfying an introductory period.
- Discounts at on-site restaurants, spa, and neighboring affiliates.
In compliance with Transparency in Coverage (TIC) regulations effective July 1, 2022, we are making the machine-readable files (MRFs) for plans we administer available to the public on our website.