Monterey Bay Hotel & Travel Guide
Guest Room Features
- Lighted ceiling fans
- 49" flat-screen TVs
- Full length mirrors
- Complimentary WiFi
- 300 thread-count white linens
- Eco-friendly bath amenities
- Headboard with built-in lighting & USB outlet
- Hypoallergenic bedding
- Iron & ironing board
- Keurig® Coffee Maker, featuring coffee & tea services
- Lighted makeup mirrors
- Luggage rack
- On-demand movies*
- Work desks
*Fee associated with amenity.
- High-speed wireless Internet
- Shops & galleries
- Spa on the Plaza
- Restaurants & brewery
- Fed-Ex, UPS, USPS Services
Portola Hotel & Spa offers connecting rooms that are perfect for families and groups. Please contact our reservations team at [email protected] to place your request.
Accessible Rooms & Spaces
Portola Hotel & Spa offers accessible rooms, suites, parking, and public spaces to ensure that every guest enjoys the best experiences.
- Fire alarms for audio & visually impaired
- Accessible doorways to all public areas
- Service animals are accepted
- Alternative text signage in all public spaces
- Accessible self-parking
- 10 minute drive from Monterey Regional Airport
- 75 miles from San Jose International Airport
- 105 miles from San Francisco International Airport
Monterey Travel Tips
- Where is the Portola Hotel & Spa located?
The Portola Hotel & Spa is located in the heart of downtown Monterey, CA. Just steps away from historic Fisherman’s Wharf and the Monterey Bay, our hotel offers 379 newly renovated guest rooms and suites, 60,000 square feet of meeting space with the adjacent Monterey Conference Center, a day spa, and a variety of other amenities, perfect for both groups and leisure guests.
- How many guest rooms does the property feature?
The Portola Hotel & Spa features 379 newly renovated guest rooms and suites.
- What types of restaurants are located on property?
- What type of spa and fitness facilities does the property feature?
Overnight guests have access to the hotel’s spa, Spa on the Plaza. Our award-winning day spa features separate men’s and ladies’ locker rooms and a relaxation lounge. The 6,000 square foot facility offers 11 treatment rooms and an extensive spa menu of more than 40 signature treatments. Spa on the Plaza is open Wednesday through Monday.
The fitness center is open 24 hours a day for overnight guests. Access to the pool and Jacuzzi is available 7am to 10pm for all overnight and Spa on the Plaza guests.
- Does the Portola Hotel & Spa have conference and meeting facilities?
The Portola Hotel & Spa offers 60,000 square feet of meeting space with the adjacent Monterey Conference Center. Our experienced catering, convention services and on site event technology staff will professionally handle all the details of your meeting or special event.
- Is the Portola Hotel & Spa eco-friendly?
The Portola Hotel & Spa is proud to be a green, U.S. Green Building Council LEED® Certified property. We have a history of supporting our environment and have participated in several programs dedicated to conserving environmental resources.
For more information, visit https://www.portolahotel.com/our-hotel/eco-friendly-hotel.
- Are there laundry and dry-cleaning services at Portola Hotel & Spa at Monterey Bay? Our hotel offers a guest laundry facility, as well as irons and ironing boards in rooms and suites. We also offer same day dry cleaning service seven days a week with pick-up and drop-off.
- What is the cost of parking during my stay?
The Portola Hotel & Spa offers on-site parking with both in and out privileges. Daily self-parking is available for $22 per day and $27 a day for valet service, plus applicable taxes. Parking rates are subject to change without notice.
- What are some of the top attractions near Portola Hotel & Spa?
Some of the top attractions near Portola Hotel & Spa at Monterey Bay are:
- Monterey State Historic Park - 0.2 mi
- Old Fisherman's Wharf - 0.2 mi
- Cannery Row - 1.0 mi
- Monterey Bay Aquarium - 1.6 mi
- Monterey Peninsula Recreational Trail - 7.6 mi
- Monarch Grove Sanctuary - 3.2 mi
- Is my reservation guaranteed?
Reservations booked directly through Portola Hotel & Spa either online or by a reservations agent must be guaranteed by a credit card when you book your stay. A valid government issued photo ID will be required upon check-in.
- What are the applicable hotel taxes and fees?
Room rates are subject to the following fees per room per night:
- Occupancy Tax: 12%
- CA Tourism Tax: 0.065%
- County Tourism Assessment: $2.00
- CCFD: 4.15%
No resort fees!
- Kids stay free – max child age 17
- Late cancellations: Forfeit one (1) nights room and tax charge unless otherwise stated on the reservation
- No show Reservation: Forfeit one (1) nights room and tax charge
- Early check-in fee: $40 (based upon availability)
- Late check-out fee: $50 (based upon availability)
- Does the Portola Hotel & Spa have Concierge services?
Concierge services are available Tuesday through Saturday. The front desk can assist with information about the property and the destination. Explore the Destination Guide for information about local dining, attractions, and activities throughout the area.
- What are some of the top amenities at Portola Hotel & Spa?
Overnight guests have access to a fitness center, an outdoor pool, and Jacuzzi. The pool offers cabana seating from 7am to 10pm, and the fitness center is open 24 hours a day. Explore our Spa on the Plaza and extensive treatments offered for deep relaxation.
- Is the Portola Hotel & Spa pet-friendly?
The Portola Hotel & Spa is a pet-friendly hotel. Outside our back door are a coastal recreational trail and Del Monte Beach, where you can walk endlessly with your pet.
A $50 pet fee, per room, per night applies. Pet fees are exclusive of taxes. Two pets per room max; however, we do not have breed or size restrictions. In guest rooms, pets cannot be left unattended. For more information, visit https://www.portolahotel.com/our-hotel/pet-friendly
- What time is check-in and check-out at Portola Hotel & Spa?
Our hotel Check-in starts at 4pm, and Check-out is at 12pm noon.
- Early check-in fee: $40*
- Late check-out fee: $50*
*Based upon availability
- What is the cancellation policy?
Free cancellation up to 4pm two days before arrival. Modify or cancel a reservation booked directly through the hotel. Reservations with advanced purchase rates and other limited exclusions will be subject to the rate offer rules communicated at the time of booking. Please note that changes to the hotel room reservation will be subject to availability and any pricing changes or rate differences.