For me there is no better sign that the holidays have arrived than wintery cookies! I’m not sure if it’s the taste, the sensory memories, the smell – well just all of it – but holiday cookies baking in an oven bring a smile to my face (and my kiddos)!
Here is one of my favorites created by my friends at the Portola Hotel & Spa! So make a dozen, two or three and celebrate the season with family and good friends!
Wishing you peace, love & happiness this holiday season!
Pumpkin Spice Cookies
- ¾ c. butter, softened
- 2 c. sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ½ c. molasses
- 2 tsp. white vinegar
- 3¾ c. flour
- 1½ tsp. baking soda
- 1 Tbs. + 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees
- In a bowl, beat together butter and sugar until it is light and fluffy
- Add eggs and mix well + don’t forget to scrape the sides
- Add the molasses
- Add the vinegar and blend again until everything is combined well
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda; blend together
- Add the pumpkin pie spice; right about now, your kitchen will start smelling amazing
- Now, add the flour mixture a small amount at a time to the wet mixture until you have it fully combined
- Using a cookie scoop, drop balls onto a prepared baking sheet
- Now, sprinkle lightly with sugar.
- Bake 9-10 minutes
Yields: 4 dozen