Love is In The Air
Tired of the traditional candy and chocolates? How about getting out and experiencing something new with that special someone in your life this Valentine’s Day. Maybe it’s a hike finished with a romantic picnic or setting sail on a chartered sailboat. I’ve got some fun ideas for our Central Coast Living readers and it’s all inspired by the beauty of the Monterey Bay!
1. Plan a day in Monterey! Start with a morning under the sea at the Monterey Bay Aquarium, then walk along the Coastal Recreation Trail towards Monterey and take in the majestic views of the bay. After lunch at Peter B’s Brewpub, head on over to the Dali 17 Museum and revel in the magic of surrealist artist, Salvador Dali. Mosey on over at Sovino Wine Bar out on Portola Plaza, then finish with dinner at Jacks Restaurant & Lounge.
Sovino Wine Bar
2. Set sail on a sunset cruise on the Monterey Bay with Monterey Bay Sailing. My favorite (and the most romantic) is the Sunset & Appetizer cruise which includes yummy hors d’oeuvres served throughout the Bay cruise. Visit www.montereybaysailing.com to learn more.
Come Sail Away
3. How about horseback riding along the shores of Monterey? The Monterey Bay Equestrian Center offers individually tailored, guided rides ideal for any level. For more information visit www.montereybayequestrian.
4. If you’re staying at the Portola Hotel & Spa, walk on over to the Wharf Marketplace and have their experts help you design the perfect picnic. Choose from a variety of fresh, locally sourced delicacies including a fantastic salad bar, gourmet cheeses, olives and Monterey County wines. Choose to enjoy your picnic on the beach or perhaps in one of the enchanted, adobe gardens just steps from the Portola and Fisherman’s Wharf.
Beautiful views from the wharf
5. Go take a hike! I mean that in the best way! Jacks Peak in Monterey, off of Highway 68 boasts some of the most scenic views on the Monterey Peninsula. Hike above the clouds, and enjoy 8+ miles of hiking trails that wind through the forest. The reward – a breathtaking vista that allows for some selfie-worthy views! Pack the camera and make sure to snap a pic of you and your sweetheart. Surprise with a growler filled with Peter B’s original craft beers and toast to each other.
For more ideas, visit last week’s blog – “A No Stress Valentine’s Day”, for more romance-inspired ideas, including spa treatments or a romantic Portola Hotel & Spa getaway!