Book with Confidence
The safety and wellbeing of our guests, employees, and community are of the utmost importance to us. As health experts and government authorities continue to revise health, safety, and service standards, we continue to closely monitor all industry and government guidance regarding COVID-19, including information supplied by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), World Health Organization (WHO), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OHSA), California Department of Public Health (CDPH) and our local Monterey County Department of Public Health. To learn more about our local guidelines, please click here.
Portola has the following features that enhance the SAFETY, COMFORT & WELLBEING of our guests:
- All our guest rooms and suites have been fully renovated and refurbished in 2020. All guest rooms are separately air-conditioned, and each has an operating outside door or window to allow fresh air
- Atrium two level lobby in a fresh air garden allowing ample space for seating and socialization while complying with social distancing guidelines
- Large guest hallways reduce potential contacts with other guests or our associates
- Outdoor patio areas, Cottonwood Plaza and Jeffers Plaza are available to our guests
- Adjacent access to Monterey Bay, Fisherman’s Wharf and Cannery Row, and several dining venues overlooking Monterey Bay
Our Clean Standards
To enhance safety and reduce the risk for our guests and employees, we have implemented the following sanitation and safety protocols based on the most current information available for the hospitality industry:
- Sanitizing shared equipment and high touch areas (especially in public spaces) on a regular schedule throughout the day. Hand sanitizer stations are available in key areas throughout the hotel, including the hotel main entrances, front desk, and elevator landings
- Signage and social distancing guidelines are in place throughout the hotel public spaces, including restrooms and elevators. All employees have been trained to practice social distancing and will remain six feet away from other employees and guests at all times
- Masks for employees are optional. Masks for both employees and guests are available upon request
- Each guest room is cleaned with approved disinfectants with special attention paid to all high-touch surfaces (door handles, light switches, TV remote, etc.)
- All guest rooms are cleaned upon departure
To request a copy of the Portola Hotel's Health and Sanitation Program, email email@example.com.
Services & Amenities
At this time, we have a few changes and reminders we would like to share with you to ensure you have a wonderful stay.
Concierge services are available Tuesday through Saturday. Front Desk is available to assist guests with information about the property and the destination, including resources for dining and attractions throughout the area.
COVID-19 PCR testing services provided by Virus Geeks, Inc. is available inside Portola Hotel’s, Peet’s Coffee location during the cafe's temporary closure. Testing at this location is free with insurance and open to hotel guests and the community daily from 7 am to 4 pm on a walk-in basis. The testing center is accessible from Alvarado Mall or through the hotel lobby.
Limited overnight housekeeping services are available upon request. Guests staying 3 or more nights will receive stayover service on the third day. Please contact guest services for additional towels and amenities.
Jacks Monterey is open for breakfast and dinner Wednesday through Sunday. Peter B’s Brewpub is open for dinner Wednesday through Sunday, with Happy Hours from 4pm to 6pm and 9pm to 10pm. We have temporarily suspended room service, Peet’s Coffee, and paused baking our beloved chocolate chip cookie.
Pool & Fitness Center
The pool and Jacuzzi are open to overnight and spa guests from 7am to 10pm. The hotel fitness center is open 24 hours a day for all overnight guests.
Spa on the Plaza
Spa on the Plaza is open Wednesday through Monday and closed Tuesday. For information about services and reservations, click here.
The Portola Hotel & Spa at Monterey Bay offers a parking garage for all hotel guests.
- Self-Parking: $22 per day (In/Out Privileges)
- Valet Services: $27 per day
The Pirate Program
The Portola Pirate Program has been temporarily suspended.
Our Cancellation Policy
Portola Hotel is committed to ensuring our customers experience flexibility during these challenging times. New reservations made through portolahotel.com or directly with the hotel will not be charged a deposit upon booking. Our standard cancellation policy is that a reservation can be cancelled up to 48 hours prior to arrival without penalty.
If you are experiencing high call volumes, please email firstname.lastname@example.org any questions you may have regarding new or confirmed hotel reservations. Please allow 72 hours to receive an email response from our team.
Guests who reserved a room via an online travel agency or other third-party travel professionals need to contact their booking provider for information on their policies.
We are delighted to assist with current bookings and future group business. We will respond to your inquiry as quickly as possible. To contact Group Sales regarding existing bookings, meetings or conferences, please email email@example.com.
GBAC STAR™ Facility Accreditation
As part of Portola Hotel & Spa's commitment to health and safety, the hotel worked with the Global Biorisk Advisory Council® (GBAC), to achieve GBAC STAR™ Facility Accreditation, the gold standard for prepared facilities. Under the guidance of GBAC, a Division of ISSA, the worldwide cleaning industry association, Portola Hotel has established and maintained proper cleaning protocols, disinfection techniques, and work practices to combat biohazards and infectious disease. Learn more about GBAC STAR Facility Accreditation at gbac.org.