Jacks is Back!
We are thrilled to share Jacks Monterey is re-opening for the first time in over a year!
Wednesday, May 19, 2021, Jacks, located inside the Portola Hotel & Spa in downtown Monterey, CA will open for breakfast and dinner, serving fresh local ingredients, and guest favorites like the Monterey Bay Salmon, Portola Burger, and Seasonal Salads, paired with award-winning cocktails and wines.
Jacks Monterey inside the Portola Hotel & Spa
Hours of Operation
Jacks Monterey will serve breakfast Wednesday through Sunday from 6:30am to 10:30am followed by dinner from 4pm to 10pm. Reservations are available through OpenTable or by calling our team at (831) 649-7830.
Outdoor Dining & Special Offers
Jacks Monterey and the Portola Hotel lobby extends into Jacks Terrace with outdoor pet-friendly seating, fire pits, and bistro lighting. Enjoy a glass of wine and the cool ocean breeze on Jacks Terrace.
Locals and military will enjoy 15% off at Jacks Monterey (excludes alcohol).
By popular request, the Asian Persuasion and Monterey Bay Salmon will be available on Jacks evening menu. The wonderful team at Jacks put together both recipes for you to make at home. Share your Jacks recreation on social media using #jacksatportola.
- 2 oz Turmeric infused Skyy Vodka
- 1 oz Carrot Juice
- 3/4 oz Honey
- 3/4 oz Lemon Juice
- 2 dash Aromatic Bitters
- St. Germain Elderflower-Lemon Foam (Make this first, recipe below)
- Orange Peel Garnish
- Combine all ingredients into a Boston shaker glass and add ice. Shake for 30 seconds.
- Strain into a martini glass.
- Top with Elderflower-Lemon Foam.
- Garnish with an orange peel.
St. Germain Elderflower-Lemon Foam Ingredients
- 3 Egg Whites
- 9 Tbl or 4 ½ oz Pasteurized Egg Whites
- 3 oz St. Germain Elderflower Liqueur
- 2 oz Lemon Juice
- 1 Dash Lemon Bitters
St. Germain Elderflower-Lemon Foam Directions
- Lightly whip Egg Whites.
- Add all ingredients to the whipped cream charger.
- Secure top and shake a few times to combine all the ingredients and further break up the Egg Whites.
- Double charge with N2O, shaking 4-5 times between charges. Note: Over shaking can cause ingredients to clump and clog the charger.
- Chill for at least 1 hour before use. The foam keeps for a few days refrigerated.
MONTEREY BAY SALMON
Yields 2 Servings
- 2 King Salmon Filets
- 2 oz Hoisin Glaze (Make this first, recipe below)
- 4 oz Rice Vermicelli
- Salt & Black Pepper
- 2 Tbs Olive Oil
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 1 Tsp Minced Shallots
- 3 Shitake Mushrooms
- 1/4 C Red or Yellow Bell Pepper
- 6 Opal Basil
- 1 oz Bean Sprouts
- Handful of Microgreens
Monterey Bay Salmon
- Pre-heat your over to 350 degrees. Prepare a tin foil-lined baking pan for the Salmon.
- In a medium pot, bring 2 quarts of water to a boil. Stir in a pinch of salt until dissolved.
- Add the Rice Vermicelli to the water; stir a few times to prevent the noodles from sticking together. Boil for 6 minutes. Remove the Rice Vermicelli and set aside.
- Salt and pepper the Salmon Filets.
- Heat a sauté pan on the stovetop. Once hot, add Olive Oil and wait 20 seconds before adding the Salmon Filets. Sear both sides of the Salmon. Remove the Salmon from the stovetop and finish cooking the Salmon in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Heat a second sauté pan over medium-high heat with 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil. Add Bell Pepper and Shitake Mushrooms. Sauté 1 minute.
- Add the Minced Garlic and Shallots to the vegetable mix and sauté for an additional 2 minutes until vegetables are almost tender.
- Add the Rice Vermicelli for 1 minute. Add the Opal Basil and Bean Sprouts for an additional 30 seconds. Remove from heat and divide the Rice Vermicelli and vegetables onto two plates.
- Brush the Salmon Filets with the Hoisin Glaze and bake for 30 seconds.
- Remove the Salmon from the oven and plate over the Rice Vermicelli and vegetables. Top with Microgreens to serve.
Hoisin Glaze Ingredients
- 1/4 C Hoisin Sauce
- 1 Tbs Unsalted Butter
Hoisin Glaze Directions
- Using a small saucepan, combine the hoisin sauce and unsalted butter over low heat.
- Cook the hoisin butter mixture until it is smooth and syrupy. Remove from heat and set aside.